March 5, 2014

My Last Post on Fisher-More College

The Catechism of the Catholic Church #1767 states:  "In themselves passions are neither good nor evil. They are morally qualified only to the extent that they effectively engage reason and will. Passions are said to be voluntary, either because they are commanded by the will or because the will does not place obstacles in their way. It belongs to the perfection of the moral or human good that the passions be governed by reason."

Well, I think that is clearly not the case regarding me and Fisher-More College. After further reading, especially a Facebook post by Dr. Taylor Marshall,  and commentary by more professional writers than myself, it is clear I jumped on the bandwagon with passions in full array. Passions subduing Reason is no way to run a blog and especially no way to write on something without first-person knowledge. It is clear from reading more balanced articles and blog postings, I lacked clear thinking - or clearly lacked thinking. 

My opinions have changed - must change - based on more expert, first-hand commentary by Dr. Marshall, who obviously should know. There is more to meet the eye than was readily apparent at the start, and I should have been more reserved. My sincere apologies for any incorrect conclusions or implied wrongdoings on anyone, especially Bishop Olson, who by all accounts was simply doing his job as a Shepard. Please continue to pray for the Bishop, Mr. King and all involved, that a speedy resolution be found and the continuation of the TLM restored, albeit not at the expense the Catholic Church, its Teachings and the Pope. 

For an updated summary, see The Catholic World Report, because I won't be posting anything further. 

PAX! 


Copyright 2014 David Heath - All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, just keep them civil and within Catholic Charity. Any comments made assume permission is granted for re-posting. I and Blogger determine what is spam or otherwise not fit to be published here and will act accordingly. Differences of opinion are welcomed; emotional only arguments are not. Corrections willingly accepted of anything I post, especially if contrary to Catholic doctrine.