March 1, 2014

"Say Something" - Pentatonix Official Video

As I set here at 5:10 A.M. nursing a return of the cold that has interdicted the weekend with my teen boys, I remembered - as I usually do when my guard is down - how much I miss the Mother of my 10 children. And the inescapable fact that I still Love her despite the past three-and-a-half years and my now permanent place after her December re-marriage as the third leg of an unrequited Love Triangle. Oh, well...it is what the "I DO" meant when I professed it before my spouse and Our Lord Jesus Christ. If it needs to be repeated at all, if you truly understand that the Passions must be subdued by Reason, then you will understand my willingness and desire to stand alone at the Foot of this Cross despite the seemingly constant tug-of-war with my Conscience that I can now Canonically "Move on" with no scruples or doubt.

However, despite the fact that I have in my files two pieces of paper that have aborted my 20-plus year marriage against my wishes, desire and pleadings, I plainly cannot "move on". Why?  Because the simple, stark reality is that those papers cannot ever and will not ever be able to abort the Love within my Heart that resides there for the woman I married. So, here I stand...and here I will stay...til death we do part.

It is a Truth that you can always find something in art - or with artists - that has a close resemblance with your current life. And as art - at least the musical arts, anyway - affects the passions, you have to be careful not to let them (your passions) overtake you. That being said, if I were ruled by passions alone as regards this stupidity I find myself embroiled in, I can picture myself standing in front of her on some moonlit evening, pouring my heart out through the words of the song that follows. Simple...direct...plaintive...pleading...with the emphasis on the words and their meaning as the lone cello lends its somber melody. 

Of course, I cannot do this as she now bears another's name, but still...enjoy the artists, the music, the words... and remember your vows - and your Love - for the spouse who may be setting beside you, and fall into my dream for a few moments...



And No...I will never give up on her, as Our Lord has never given up on me. That is why Reason must always control the Passions.


                                     "Say Something"

                        Writer(s)  Ian Axel, Chad Vaccarino, Mike Campbell

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one, if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all

And I will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
And anywhere I would've followed you (Oh-oh-oh-oh)
Say something, I'm giving up on you

Say something, I'm giving up on you
Say something...




Copyright 2014 David Heath - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, just keep them civil and within Catholic Charity. Any comments made assume permission is granted for re-posting. I and Blogger determine what is spam or otherwise not fit to be published here and will act accordingly. Differences of opinion are welcomed; emotional only arguments are not. Corrections willingly accepted of anything I post, especially if contrary to Catholic doctrine.