August 3, 2014

The Poppy Girls: Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance 2013

OK...I like watching military homecoming videos. There are the occasional nights when I stay up long past my Cinderella-time to watch the joyful tears of kids, wives, husbands, Mom's and Dad's as the heartache of separation is suddenly replaced by heart-thumping joy. It probably wouldn't affect me so much were I not an 11-year USAF veteran myself. I suppose that such is what Love of God and Country does...

I have continually come back to one of my favorites: The Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance 2013 (I am of English Heritage, remember...) and the 2013 Poppy Girls, Charlotte, Bethany, Alice, Megan and Florence. The Poppy was adopted by the UK from America in 1921, so it has an International flavor to it. I was fortunate to be stationed near Oxford at RAF Upper Heyford for 2-1/2 years back in the 1970's and a brief stay on another RAF base near York in the late 1980's.

You can purchase the Poppy Girls Digital CD from Amazon here.

The YouTube 2-part video's on The Search for the Poppy Girls is here (Part 1) and here (Part 2).

And young Megan Adams performs at the Wounded In Service Events Golf Day at St. Andrew's on June 20, 2014.

Hope you enjoy the video...(and bring the Kleenex for the end.)





Copyright 2014 David Heath - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, just keep them civil and within Catholic Charity. Any comments made assume permission is granted for re-posting. I and Blogger determine what is spam or otherwise not fit to be published here and will act accordingly. Differences of opinion are welcomed; emotional only arguments are not. Corrections willingly accepted of anything I post, especially if contrary to Catholic doctrine.