October 31, 2014

Prayer For Purity


Above Picture Source Unknown, but in my Collection of Prayers


 PRAYERS FOR PURITY

Do you find yourself struggling with sexual temptation? These prayers for purity can give you graces to deal with it! St. Gregory the Great once referred to prayer as “the bulwark [protection] of chastity.” We may never completely break free from “impure thoughts”, as they are often called in examinations of conscience before Confession. Still, we can, with the help of our Lord and His Blessed Mother in prayer, turn away from them when they disturb our peace of mind.
The first of our prayers of purity is addressed first to our Blessed Mother Mary, who was called by St. Alphonsus Liquori “the dispenser of all divine graces”.

"Mary, Mother most pure, and Joseph, chaste guardian of the Virgin, to you I entrust the purity of my soul and body. I beg you to plead with God for me that I may never for the remainder of my life soil my soul by any sin of impurity. I earnestly wish to be pure in thought, word and deed in imitation of your own holy purity.

Obtain for me a deep sense of modesty, which will be reflected in my external conduct. Protect my eyes, the windows of my soul, from anything that might dim the luster of a heart that must mirror only Christ-like purity. And when the “Bread of Angels” becomes my food in Holy Communion, seal my heart forever against the suggestions of sinful pleasures. Finally, may I be among the number of those of whom Jesus spoke, “Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God.” Amen."


Above from ourcatholicprayers.com. (All emphasis above mine-Ed.)



Copyright 2014 David Heath - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, just keep them civil and within Catholic Charity. Any comments made assume permission is granted for re-posting. I and Blogger determine what is spam or otherwise not fit to be published here and will act accordingly. Differences of opinion are welcomed; emotional only arguments are not. Corrections willingly accepted of anything I post, especially if contrary to Catholic doctrine.