November 15, 2014

The Theresa Trio - Sts. Therese, Teresa and Ven. Maria Theresa Quevedo

                                                           


I've recently included the above picture on this blog, put together by a friend from work (H/T Gary M.) of three of the more well known "Theresa's": St. Therese of Lisieux, Ven. Maria Theresa  Gonzalez-Quevedo and St. Teresa of Avila. All have over the course of years proved a part of my life, whether it be from their writings (Sts. Therese and Teresa) or from a relevancy to my children, especially my daughters, (Maria Theresa). And there is also the-woman-formerly-known-as-my-wife, who just happens to share their name and had - as in the case of the two saints - an aspiration for entering the Carmel (though that obviously was not her vocation.) She also had picked the Feast of St. Teresa of Avila as our wedding day, as much for its falling on a Saturday as the month of both Saints' feast day and the Month of the Holy Rosary (to which we were both devoted.) She was also named after Therese of Lisieux.  

Though I feel I should know more of both Saints, I have only read the biography of one (Therese) and will hopefully get to the other (Teresa) soon. As for Maria Teresa, I have read her biography and highly recommend it, especially for those who have daughters. It's affect on me was such that I had offered my 4 daughters ten dollars each just to read it, I felt it so beneficial (they all did read it, but declined my incentive, to their great credit.) You would not do wrong in making a similar offer to your own daughters.

For your convenience, here are the Book Links from Angelus Press:

The Story of a Soul: The Autobiography of the Little Flower 
St. Teresa of Avila's well known The Interior Castle

The story of "Terisita" Quevedo (1930-50), the Catholic beauty who wanted to become a saint: Mary was Her Life
Enjoy...

Copyright 2014 David Heath - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, just keep them civil and within Catholic Charity. Any comments made assume permission is granted for re-posting. I and Blogger determine what is spam or otherwise not fit to be published here and will act accordingly. Differences of opinion are welcomed; emotional only arguments are not. Corrections willingly accepted of anything I post, especially if contrary to Catholic doctrine.