December 8, 2014

MY ANSWERS TO THE HOLY FATHER'S "I AM NOT AFRAID" COMMENT...

From an interview of the Holy Father by La Nación, posted on Rorate Caeli here, I give my reply to his reply of:

- "...I am not afraid." (Pope Francis)

- Afraid of what? (La Nación)


In the case of divorcees who have remarried, we posed the question, what do we do with them? [YOU CAN TELL THEM TO GO BACK TO THEIR FIRST MARRIAGES AND STOP LIVING IN MORTAL SIN, WHICH WILL SEND THEM TO HELL IF THEY DIE UNREPENTANT] What door can we allow them to open? [THE CONFESSIONAL DOOR] This was a pastoral concern: will we allow them to go to Communion? [YES, AFTER THEY DO WHAT THE REST OF US SINNERS DO - CONFESS OUR SINS TO A PRIEST] Communion alone is no solution. [CORRECT -THE SOLUTION IS EXAMINATION, CONFESSION, CONTRITION AND THEN COMMUNION] The solution is integration [NO IT IS NOT. SEE ABOVE.]
- Afraid of following this trail, the road of the synod. [WELL, YOU SHOULD BE BECAUSE OF THE DOOR YOU'LL BE OPENING TO NEGATE OTHER SINS] I am not afraid because it is the road that God has asked us to follow. [REALLY, YOUR HOLINESS? I THOUGHT HE WANTED US TO FOLLOW HIS PATH TO HOLINESS, WHICH REQUIRES US TO FORGO SINNING.] More so, the Pope is the ultimate guarantor, the Pope is there to care for the process. We must move forward. In my last address I said something interesting, [WHAT?] I pointed out that we had not addressed any part of the doctrine of the Church concerning marriage. [GOOD] In the case of divorcees who have remarried, we posed the question, what do we do with them? [SHOW THEM THE DOOR...] What door can we allow them to open? [...THE CONFESSIONAL DOOR] This was a pastoral concern: will we allow them to go to Communion? [NO, BEFORE CONFESSION and YES, AFTER CONFESSION] Communion alone is no solution. [YES!! SOUND CATHOLIC TEACHING!!] The solution is integration. [WHAA? UH, ONLY AFTER CONFESSION] They have not been excommunicated, true. But they cannot be godfathers to any child being baptized, mass readings are not for divorcees, they cannot give communion, they cannot teach Sunday school, there are about seven things that they cannot do, [AND THIS IS THE CHURCHES PROBLEM? SEEMS TO ME IT'S THE PROBLEM OF THE SINNER TO CORRECT THE "I CAN'T DO THIS or THAT... MEME"] I have the list over there. Come on! If I disclose any of this it will seem that they have been excommunicated in fact! [NO...THEY'RE JUST DENIED COMMUNION IN FACT, UNTIL THEY ARE WORTHY TO RECEIVE HIM] Thus, let us open the doors a bit more. [UH...JUST HOW HARD ARE CONFESSIONAL DOORS TO OPEN? BUT... I SUPPOSE IF WALMART HAS GREETERS...] Why cant they be godfathers and godmothers? [BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT PRACTICING THEIR FAITH PROPERLY] "No, no, no, what testimony will they be giving their godson?". [NONE. BECAUSE THEY CAN'T OF THEIR OWN VOLITION]; The testimony of a man and a woman saying "my dear, I made a mistake [EXAMINATION OF CONSCIENCE], I was wrong here, [CONTRITION FOR THE SIN] but I believe our Lord loves me, I want to follow God, [SINCERITY] I was not defeated by sin, I want to move on [FIRM AMENDMENT TO SIN NO MORE]". Anything more Christian than that? [NOPE. THEY'RE THE BASIC BUILDING BLOCKS OF A GOOD CONFESSION] And what if one of the political crooks among us, corrupt people, ate chosen to be somebody´s godfather. [IF ITS A PUBLIC SIN, THEN THEY SHOULD BE DENIED THE PRIVILEGE ALSO] If they are properly wedded by the Church, would we accept them? [SURE. AFTER PROPERLY DISPOSING THEMSELVES] What kind of testimony will they give to their godson? [NONE, UNLESS THEY CHANGE] A testimony of corruption? Things need to change, our standards need to change. [NO, THEY DON'T. IT'S NOT THE STANDARDS THAT NEED TO CHANGE, HOLY FATHER.  IT. IS. WE. WHO. NEED. TO. CHANGE. TO REPENT. TO CONFESS. OUR SINS! DO NOT MAKE IT MORE EASY TO STAY IN SIN! IT IS ALREADY SO VERY EASY TO GET OUT OF SIN, WHY NOT JUST PROMOTE THAT?]

Copyright 2014 David Heath - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, just keep them civil and within Catholic Charity. Any comments made assume permission is granted for re-posting. I and Blogger determine what is spam or otherwise not fit to be published here and will act accordingly. Differences of opinion are welcomed; emotional only arguments are not. Corrections willingly accepted of anything I post, especially if contrary to Catholic doctrine.