November 6, 2015

** UPDATED **: Prayer Request - Fr. Daniel Cooper, SSPX

UPDATE from the 11/6/2015 SSPX E-Pistola newsletter:

Please pray for Fr. Cooper
On Wednesday, we announced that our priest, Fr. Daniel Cooper, would be entering the hospital today in preparation for a bone marrow transplantand asked for prayers for a successful procedure and recovery.

Two corrections need to be made to our prior notice: 1) Fr. Cooper's procedure actually takes place today, while his recovery time will take 3-4 weeks. 2) Father has recently been residing in his hometown of Detroit, Michigan to be near his familythis is also where his medical procedures are taking place.


                    ****************************

[Original post below-Ed.]

From today's SSPX E-Pistola weekly newsletter:


Please pray for Fr. Cooper

We would like to request your prayers for our priest, Fr. Daniel Cooper, who resides at our priory in Dickinson, Texas.

Fr. Cooper is suffering from bone marrow cancer. He will undergo a chemotherapy treatment today and then enter the hospital this Friday. After about 3 to 4 weeks, Father will have a bone marrow transplant using his own stem cells.

We pray that Fr. Cooper will have a successful transplant and recovery.

Fr. Daniel Cooper, SSPX


Copyright 2015 David Heath - All Rights Reserved

5 comments:

  1. Fr. Cooper and I were getting stems cells collected on the same day at the Detroit Medical Center. This cancer is not yet curable, however it is very treatable with all of the new drugs being developed. I am not Catholic, but have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ. We are remembering Fr. Cooper in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am sure Father has you in his prayers and intentions also. I will add you to mine as well. God Bless!

      Delete
  2. I have added Fr. Cooper's name to my list of clergy that I pray for in my daily rosary. Please update this site when there is more news on Fr. Cooper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I will do my best to keep the post updated. God Bless!

      Delete
  3. i am praying for fr. cooper. I am from a suburb of detroit michigan. I went to some of the first sspx Masses in detroit, in a house. In 1969 i protested the changes in my high school, and was shown the door. Now i live in cleveland ohio. Many Rosaries i pray

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, just keep them civil and within Catholic Charity. Any comments made assume permission is granted for re-posting. I and Blogger determine what is spam or otherwise not fit to be published here and will act accordingly. Differences of opinion are welcomed; emotional only arguments are not. Corrections willingly accepted of anything I post, especially if contrary to Catholic doctrine.