November 5, 2016

Of Trumppence and Choices

In reality, I claim no particular party, though admittedly I am a registered Republican. I generally self-identify as an independent democratic republican, with liberal tendencies that lean conservative. That way I don't get into trouble when talking politics with others, as I can truly "feel" what they are saying and "get" what they mean. It makes for a friendly debate (I don't do well in a confrontational environment, a by-product of my being disenfranchised and marginalized as a youth due to my short stature, ya know. Or so I remember from Psych 101 in college, anyway.)

I tend to vote for the "man" (generically speaking...no offense intended or implied to women, young adults, ethnic citizens, geriatrics, people of shortened height, people of color, people of no color, people who identify as (fill-in-the-blank), people who hate cats, people who hate other people...whew! did I leave anyone out??) and not the party, so much. That particular "man" must uphold certain Catholic ideals and teachings, even if that "man" be not Catholic. Automatically excluded is anyone who claims to be, or is registered as, a Democrat, for nothing in the Democratic platform approaches, even remotely, the upholding of anything Catholic. And any Catholic who claims allegiance to the Democratic Party has, in my not-so-humble opinion, placed themselves, materially speaking, outside the Catholic fold. (You can't be mad at me for saying this, as we are still within the Year of Mercy, so...shutup.)

That all being said...

I am voting for Donald Trump! 

There. I said it. I admit it openly. I am coming out of the political closet. ("Thank you; oh, Thank you! I was so-o-o-o worried you wouldn't be supportive of me. What a load off my mind!")

Seriously, folks...as a Catholic, it really is a no brainer. Only if DJT was espousing all that the Democrats hold dear while still campaigning as a Republican would I not vote for him. I would, in fact, probably have to sit this election out (or write in my own name.) But he does not and whatever else his egregious faults were in the past, he at least has sincerely admitted to a change of heart in the things that matter the most, especially as regards abortion. Michael Matt over at The Remnant had a recent article that enunciates things quite well for Catholics still in angst over DJT, and which follows my own line of sensus catholicus objective reasoning concerning the man. And Raymond Arroyo over at EWTN did a recent interview with DJT which should force any still-undecided and angst-ridden Catholics other foot over the line - and into the Trump line at their local polling station.

Don't allow others to tell you who to vote for. Don't allow the MSM to tell you who to vote for. In some cases, don't even allow your local bishop or priest to tell you who to vote for, for their opinions are just as varied as the man-on-the-streets. In truth every Catholic Bishop and every Catholic priest should all be telling you the same thing, and that is: vote for the candidates that uphold the closest the Roman Catholic ideals that are the core of each and every one of us. And I will say what they are not - at present anyway - able to do: those candidates are not Hillary Rodham Clinton or Timothy Michael Kaine.

It is, in this election anyway, Donald John Trump and Michael Richard Pence.







Copyright 2016 David Heath - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, just keep them civil and within Catholic Charity. Any comments made assume permission is granted for re-posting. I and Blogger determine what is spam or otherwise not fit to be published here and will act accordingly. Differences of opinion are welcomed; emotional only arguments are not. Corrections willingly accepted of anything I post, especially if contrary to Catholic doctrine.