Here are 5 takeaways from this photo, from the perspective of a common, ordinary pewsitter:
1. Cardinal Dolan is immune from the potentiality of placing oneself in a near occasion of sin.
1a. Cardinal Dolan is smelling the sheep, but obviously not trying to proselytize, ala Pope Francis.
2. Cardinal Dolan is immune from the effects of immodestly dressed women upon his trap-door conscience.
2a.Cardinal Dolan is taking lessons from professional dancers for his upcoming appearance on DWTS (Dancing With the Stars).
3. Cardinal Dolan is being a good shephard and showing by example just how far
3a. Cardinal Dolan is concerned he missed a key dance move that might eliminate him in Round 2 of DWTS.
4. Cardinal Dolan is leading by example and showing his priests (and fellow Cardinals) just how far
4a. Cardinal Dolan is not really all that good a Dancer and the DWTS judges will soon find this out.
5. Cardinal Dolan is a scandal to his Priests and Faithful.
5a. Cardinal Dolan doesn't give a crap what others think of him as the leader of 2.8 million Catholics.
Or, am I being to judgemental? Rigid? Insecure?
Copyright 2016 David Heath - All Rights Reserved